Skip to main content

Fed Up!

I am getting about as fed up with the media as I can be! I cannot even let my kids watch the NFL on Sundays with their dad anymore for fear that the network carrying the game will show inappropriate Primetime show snippets!! This weekend, CBS was carrying the games hubby was watching, and both Saturday and Sunday, we saw the commercials for this show that depicted two young adults discussing having sex, then in the next shot, they were in bed together... on DAYTIME television on CBS (I wrote to CBS and the NFL about this issue today) - we don't have cable television for this reason, but it looks like we cannot escape it anymore.

The freedoms of other interests are infringing on my family's freedom from the early sexualization of children. Can we no longer get through the day without discussing and depicting sex? Are we so depraved as a nation that we think nothing of serving up casual sex with our Sunday afternoon football? Is is not enough that our children cannot watch network television after 8pm; now, we need to keep them away from afternoon programming on the weekends? Have we sunk so low?

Here is what I do not understand: our nation is pushing to end the war in Iraq - what about the war on family values? Our country wants pre-kindergarten programs in elementary schools, payed for by the taxpayers - what about family-friendly programming on weekend television? It seems like our nation is confused; we want what feels good, and we fight for it, but who is fighting for what is right? Who will fight for our kids?

I will.

Will you join me?

Comments

  1. I am in!! Our kids deserve better and it is our responsibility, privelege, and honor to fight for their innocence!!!

    The power of prayer and communication with my girls has made an impact. I am known as the "tv/movie police". They have to run all shows that are not on the approved list by me or dad while at a friend's or even grandma's house. But...it is a constant struggle/battle against just even driving down the street with billboards/some newspapers, etc...

    I am happy to know we are NOT alone!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EuReKa!

Wow! I just read a WeE-book (a short, electronic book available for immediate download) from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine called The "Me Time Myth and Boy! was it just what the doctor ( The Great Physician , that is) ordered! I have been hosting a Really Big Pity Party around my house lately, and I have been as misguided as a little girl wandering into a Men's Restroom because she hasn't been told to look for the dress! (The only problem is, I probably have been told to look for the dress!) I have been dissatisfied with my life - every aspect of it! The house is never tidy, but I don't like to clean. The kids grumble about their schoolwork, and I get tired of rallying them. The dog is biting everybody, yet I don't feel like 'shadowing' him again today. The dishes are never done, the family needs to eat again (...whole grains, lean protein, vegetable, fruit...), the laundry is piling up (whites, darks, pastels, linens...) .... You get my drift her...

Perimenopause: What to Expect that You are NOT Expecting

Perimenopause: What to expect that you're NOT expecting. Chapter 1: The Hot (Fire) Flash (Surge) The fan must be on. In every room. And you are now Mr. Rogers. You have a sweater for every outfit. However, you live in tanks and short-sleeved shirts underneath because nakedness is frowned upon in public places and you must disrobe in haste, frequently. The socially-encouraged bondage device, a.k.a. the bra, is more despised than ever. Fuzzy socks are your friend, because your circulation is poor and your skin is dry. You will end up with a pair in every room because you inevitably needed them off for extended periods and wandered away from them, only to need them again in another room. Winter weather is both bone-chillingly cold and a delight to overheated skin. Sometimes simultaneously. Summer is intolerable. Do not get me started on having a fever while experiencing a hot flash. 😳 And while we're mentioning it.... "Hot Flash" is not an adequate phrase for the rush o...

How Has Homeschooling Affected My Life?

Well, homeschooling IS my life, so suffice it to say, there's no stone unturned!  Massive takeover, at times, a bit hostile!! For example, my second child was getting ready to embark on Mother's Day Out and my first child was conveniently ensconced in a Government-run "educational" facility, and I had a glimmer of real freedom... for about a day.  Then I found out I was preggo with Baby #3.  Commence Meltdown. I have since gotten over that traumatic , er, beautiful time, and we have embraced homeschooling.  The freedom never came, the oldest got pulled from Uncle Sam's Brainwashing Academy, and the second offspring never entered a public school.  The third will not go away to preschool. They go with me to the doctor.  This, they do not love.  Neither do I. ( Mommy, why is she putting that there?? ) Alas, it is our lot in life... at least until the eldest is of babysitting age. They go with me to the grocery store.  This, they love occasion...