Skip to main content

Guardian Angel Publishing (TOS Crew Review)


As a member of the 2009-2010 The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew, I received a few e-books for free from Guardian Angel Publishing to use and review. The books we received were Earthquake, The Sum of Our Parts: No Bones About It, and Andy and Spirit Go To The Fair.

The books are easy to read and interesting, with illustrations that catch even the youngest child's attention. The kids (and mom!) really enjoyed the book, The Sum of Our Parts: No Bones About It! I adored human anatomy in college, and with all of my well-developed language skills, all those parts' names were fun to learn (mostly) - and I love teaching the kids about our bodies because of my fascination with the topic. The Guardian Angel Publishing book had a lot of great information inside, with eye-catching images and a fun rhyme about the body's bones. In essence, if you read the book, then memorize the engaging rhyme, you could actually know the major bones in your body by heart! How fun and easy is that?!?! {smiling big}

We also enjoyed the other books, with Andy and Spirit Go to the Fair being our second favorite. This book is a touching story of a child with a disability, some insecurity, and an opportunity to rise above his handicap. My daughter especially loved this book, and both of my [school-age] children commented on the detailed pictures. At the end of the story, there is some information about wild horses and the programs dedicated to ensuring a quality life for them. There is also information about adopting the domesticated horses that are brought out of the wild when the population gets too large. If you or your children are horse lovers, this book would be a great read for sure. And if you enjoy exposing your children to the "differently-abled" people in the world (as I do), this is a MUST have for your home library.

Check out the Guardian Angel Publishing website for more books, as well as a section for free downloads!

To read what my fellow TOS Homeschool Crew members thought about Guardian Angel Publishing, click here.

{I have diligently checked this blog entry for grammatical and typographical errors, but I have found myself typing "Angela" so many times instead of "Angel" and I do not think my brain recognizes the error very easily, SO if you see those mistakes, I apologize.}

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EuReKa!

Wow! I just read a WeE-book (a short, electronic book available for immediate download) from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine called The "Me Time Myth and Boy! was it just what the doctor ( The Great Physician , that is) ordered! I have been hosting a Really Big Pity Party around my house lately, and I have been as misguided as a little girl wandering into a Men's Restroom because she hasn't been told to look for the dress! (The only problem is, I probably have been told to look for the dress!) I have been dissatisfied with my life - every aspect of it! The house is never tidy, but I don't like to clean. The kids grumble about their schoolwork, and I get tired of rallying them. The dog is biting everybody, yet I don't feel like 'shadowing' him again today. The dishes are never done, the family needs to eat again (...whole grains, lean protein, vegetable, fruit...), the laundry is piling up (whites, darks, pastels, linens...) .... You get my drift her...

Perimenopause: What to Expect that You are NOT Expecting

Perimenopause: What to expect that you're NOT expecting. Chapter 1: The Hot (Fire) Flash (Surge) The fan must be on. In every room. And you are now Mr. Rogers. You have a sweater for every outfit. However, you live in tanks and short-sleeved shirts underneath because nakedness is frowned upon in public places and you must disrobe in haste, frequently. The socially-encouraged bondage device, a.k.a. the bra, is more despised than ever. Fuzzy socks are your friend, because your circulation is poor and your skin is dry. You will end up with a pair in every room because you inevitably needed them off for extended periods and wandered away from them, only to need them again in another room. Winter weather is both bone-chillingly cold and a delight to overheated skin. Sometimes simultaneously. Summer is intolerable. Do not get me started on having a fever while experiencing a hot flash. 😳 And while we're mentioning it.... "Hot Flash" is not an adequate phrase for the rush o...

How Has Homeschooling Affected My Life?

Well, homeschooling IS my life, so suffice it to say, there's no stone unturned!  Massive takeover, at times, a bit hostile!! For example, my second child was getting ready to embark on Mother's Day Out and my first child was conveniently ensconced in a Government-run "educational" facility, and I had a glimmer of real freedom... for about a day.  Then I found out I was preggo with Baby #3.  Commence Meltdown. I have since gotten over that traumatic , er, beautiful time, and we have embraced homeschooling.  The freedom never came, the oldest got pulled from Uncle Sam's Brainwashing Academy, and the second offspring never entered a public school.  The third will not go away to preschool. They go with me to the doctor.  This, they do not love.  Neither do I. ( Mommy, why is she putting that there?? ) Alas, it is our lot in life... at least until the eldest is of babysitting age. They go with me to the grocery store.  This, they love occasion...