Skip to main content

Life of Joseph - A Review!

"Walk with Joseph as he goes from a prince in Canaan to slavery in Egypt and then to the courts of Pharaoh. Your students will enjoy this engaging Bible study!

Follow Joseph as he travels from the tents of Jacob to the house of Potiphar and eventually becomes second in command to Pharaoh. Watch to see how Joseph reacts to slavery and false accusations. See how God uses difficult circumstances in Joseph’s life to prepare him to save thousands of people, including those who mistreated him. Joseph’s story is one of betrayal, forgiveness, and restoration. Take a look at this fascinating Bible story today!

Multi-Level Book: Designed for ages 7 and up
~ Grapevine Studies
 
I recently received a copy of the Joseph Multi-Level Bible Study by Grapevine Studies to use and review in anticipation of its launch on August 1st. As always, I just love using their units! With the recent knowledge of my oldest two children's learning barriers, the units from Grapevine Studies mean even more - because it is something they can do.

The first thing I noticed about the Joseph study was that it is set up like a time line. That is a fabulous discovery for me because I recently became aware that my children do not understand what a time line is (even though we have done them in the past in our schooling).

The next thing I discovered while working through the study with my children was that it was quite thorough! This was no fluff story of Joseph; this was a Biblical account of how his life happened. And beautifully woven into the study about Joseph were review questions intended to help children process what they had learned, both about Joseph and about God's character. That sort of lesson is priceless to me. We have so much to learn about God if we are going to learn to trust Him in times of trouble - as Joseph undoubtedly knew.

As always, the Grapevine Studies units require very little in the way of supplies: a Bible, a dry erase board and dry erase markers of varying colors (they suggest 8), a copy each of the teacher book and the student book (multiple student books if you are working with multiple children like I am), and some colored pencils. The Multi-Level lessons are easy for children of many ages to complete (my 4-year-old gave it a shot, though she was less able to reproduce recognizable drawings than she was to retell the story), and there is usually something mixed in that even I didn't know. (Bonus!)

As this lesson will take us several weeks to complete, I will say that we are not finished with the unit as I write this review. However, it pleases me that we have a few more weeks to learn about Joseph as a family because my children seem to enjoy this study immensely. As I was perusing the ending sections this evening, my son was standing behind me, captivated by the simple stick-figure drawings, asking questions like "who is that?" and "what are they doing?" He is fairly anti-school, so that is a really good sign!


*Disclaimer: I was given a copy of the Joseph Bible Study at no cost to me by Grapevine Studies for the purposes of this review. A positive review was not necessary, just deserving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Field Trip to the Nashville Zoo!

Did anyone watch the weather for Middle Tennessee today? No? Well, let me tell you about our field trip to the zoo! We arrived to discover that almost every other school group of pre-kindergarten through second grade children decided to go to the zoo today! Our first view of the zoo was of the PACKED parking lot, to the side of which we saw two things: more than a dozen big, yellow school buses; and so many groups of children gathering before the entrance that the entryway was concealed from view! After delving into the fray, we parked our minivan and headed up to find our group. (Let me interject here that my children and I had created matching shirts to help us stay together and identify each other should we become lost. This was more wise than even we knew when we decided to make them! Luckily, no other school group had quite our shade of sunshine yellow, so we were good to go!!) Okay, into the zoo we go! The kids are excited! The animals are awesome! And, the rain is begin

Perimenopause: What to Expect that You are NOT Expecting

Perimenopause: What to expect that you're NOT expecting. Chapter 1: The Hot (Fire) Flash (Surge) The fan must be on. In every room. And you are now Mr. Rogers. You have a sweater for every outfit. However, you live in tanks and short-sleeved shirts underneath because nakedness is frowned upon in public places and you must disrobe in haste, frequently. The socially-encouraged bondage device, a.k.a. the bra, is more despised than ever. Fuzzy socks are your friend, because your circulation is poor and your skin is dry. You will end up with a pair in every room because you inevitably needed them off for extended periods and wandered away from them, only to need them again in another room. Winter weather is both bone-chillingly cold and a delight to overheated skin. Sometimes simultaneously. Summer is intolerable. Do not get me started on having a fever while experiencing a hot flash. 😳 And while we're mentioning it.... "Hot Flash" is not an adequate phrase for the rush o

Weary of Winter

Last summer, we began a tedious journey through a difficult season in our lives: family trials coupled with unprecedented numbers of illnesses in our home have just about driven me batty.  So, after a frayed rotator cuff in my right arm (why i don't blog as often anymore), the discovery of a couple of possible learning disabilities in my kiddos (not covered by our insurance, naturally, so we're on our own), two stomach viruses (TWO!!), possible RSV that led to pneumonia (myself and the Littlest Princess), bronchitis (hubby), and an ear infection (the Man-Child)... i was deeply touched to be sent the " Stylish Blogger Award " by a friend from my reviewing days on The Old Schoolhouse Magazine's Homeschool Crew !  Wow! I needed that reminder that there is life out there and i used to be a part of it!! Thank you, Heather!! :^) Check out her awesome site at http://faithfamilyandfun.com/ I don't know how she does it, but there is always something new and inspirin