Skip to main content

Electric Lime, Dazzle, and Toothless

This weekend, we finally conquered The Boy's room. I picked out the colors based on the quilt that I am working on, which The Boy picked out eons ago. So, since we have this reversible Outer Space quilt in the works, and The Boy loooooooves Star Wars, we decided on a Star Wars/Outer Space room. We already have a rocketship ceiling fan, and he has 2 space pictures thanks to his Aunt Joyce.

So, the colors. I picked out the blue first. The one that worked was called Dazzle. I liked it but was worried about the whole room being that color, so I picked out a second color from the quilt. It turned out that Electric Lime was just the right shade. I know, Electric Lime! It is just what you are imagining, seriously. What is totally awesome, too, is that The Boy's toy bins and throw blanket are ALL in those two colors!! What a treat! Well, it is once it is all put together. We have one green wall, two blue walls, and one half-and-half wall (which will sport a running shelf across the dividing line on which to display Star Wars things and such). Honestly, I was really concerned about what I was envisioning, as I am sure you are as you read this. BUT, it looks absolutely amazing! It is the coolest little boy's room I think I have ever seen!!! And I did it!! Well, to be honest, the hubby helped paint it, but I mean, I picked everything out and orchestrated the design, which scared the you-know-what out of me (I mean, really, people, did I mention the colors?!?!). SO, hats off to Mom on this one. I still know how to make my little boy smile his giant grin! The Boy was thrilled throughout the transformation, but putting it together for him tonight really made it real for him, and he was ecstatic!

On the subject of The Boy, I should also mention that he lost his first tooth tonight... in a ball of sticky rice... that he apparently swallowed. :-P He is now a cute, toothless wonder that will be embarking on this new and embarrassing stage of childhood known as, "please don't make me smile in that picture; you know I look ridiculous with all these holes in my mouth" - oh, the joys of childhood! We'll let him see how much fun these days are after his adult teeth come in and he realized that they are too big for his face, and then he'll probably see that toothless is not so bad after all.

Okay, I am signing off now. It has been a long and busy weekend here. (you should try painting with three small children - one of whom never had her umbilical cord properly severed... I should sue!).

Blessings and good night!
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EuReKa!

Wow! I just read a WeE-book (a short, electronic book available for immediate download) from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine called The "Me Time Myth and Boy! was it just what the doctor ( The Great Physician , that is) ordered! I have been hosting a Really Big Pity Party around my house lately, and I have been as misguided as a little girl wandering into a Men's Restroom because she hasn't been told to look for the dress! (The only problem is, I probably have been told to look for the dress!) I have been dissatisfied with my life - every aspect of it! The house is never tidy, but I don't like to clean. The kids grumble about their schoolwork, and I get tired of rallying them. The dog is biting everybody, yet I don't feel like 'shadowing' him again today. The dishes are never done, the family needs to eat again (...whole grains, lean protein, vegetable, fruit...), the laundry is piling up (whites, darks, pastels, linens...) .... You get my drift her...

Perimenopause: What to Expect that You are NOT Expecting

Perimenopause: What to expect that you're NOT expecting. Chapter 1: The Hot (Fire) Flash (Surge) The fan must be on. In every room. And you are now Mr. Rogers. You have a sweater for every outfit. However, you live in tanks and short-sleeved shirts underneath because nakedness is frowned upon in public places and you must disrobe in haste, frequently. The socially-encouraged bondage device, a.k.a. the bra, is more despised than ever. Fuzzy socks are your friend, because your circulation is poor and your skin is dry. You will end up with a pair in every room because you inevitably needed them off for extended periods and wandered away from them, only to need them again in another room. Winter weather is both bone-chillingly cold and a delight to overheated skin. Sometimes simultaneously. Summer is intolerable. Do not get me started on having a fever while experiencing a hot flash. 😳 And while we're mentioning it.... "Hot Flash" is not an adequate phrase for the rush o...

How Has Homeschooling Affected My Life?

Well, homeschooling IS my life, so suffice it to say, there's no stone unturned!  Massive takeover, at times, a bit hostile!! For example, my second child was getting ready to embark on Mother's Day Out and my first child was conveniently ensconced in a Government-run "educational" facility, and I had a glimmer of real freedom... for about a day.  Then I found out I was preggo with Baby #3.  Commence Meltdown. I have since gotten over that traumatic , er, beautiful time, and we have embraced homeschooling.  The freedom never came, the oldest got pulled from Uncle Sam's Brainwashing Academy, and the second offspring never entered a public school.  The third will not go away to preschool. They go with me to the doctor.  This, they do not love.  Neither do I. ( Mommy, why is she putting that there?? ) Alas, it is our lot in life... at least until the eldest is of babysitting age. They go with me to the grocery store.  This, they love occasion...