- you went from having difficulty with daily activities to laying on the floor in the fetal position.
- your kids went from laid-back homeschooling to full-time Spring Break.
- you went from speaking in a hoarse voice to having no voice at all.
- you experienced a 4 on the scale of "interfering with my life" before the meds and a 10 with meds.
- your husband went to work everyday when you had strep throat and a sinus infection, but after you took your medication one time, he was unable to work a full day.
- and last, but not least, you are begging God for it to be the common cold because it means no meds....
Case and point: my treatment from the doctor was to do Albuterol breathing treatments and use steroids. One inhalation of Albuterol took almost 24 hours to get over: dizziness that made me nauseous and crashing blood sugar that also made me nauseous. If i held my body just so and tilted my head exactly right and then didn't move, i could refrain from worsening the condition.... Fun times.
I think i'll go back to resting so i can breathe more easily.
Asthmatics have my deepest sympathies.